- dim-wit (or anything -wit)
- weak (as in, “that’s weak”)
- “s/he is so bipolar”
- “s/he is so OCD”
I dunno, I’d really love to start calling people I don’t like “the eye of satan’s butthole” and/or “sauron”. I’ve also always loved the word “turd”.
I’m rather partial to “rude-ass,” “Unsubstantive,” and “Douchkazoo” (ironically, because I think appending ‘douche’ to various words only holds merit as a mockery of other insults’ absurdity) myself.
On a slightly more serious note, I really do think it’s uncool how casually people are basically accused of having a mental disorder. I really didn’t want to use the word “accused” because it’s really strong but I couldn’t think of another better word. But I’m kind of like wow you called her depressed/bipolar/OCD that’s cute cause you know people don’t actually have that problem and have to deal with it. And don’t even get me started on the “you should go kill yourself” shit. But that’s just me complaining about things I have little control over, and as the rest of my family would say I’ll “just have to deal with it”.
Because my biggest pet peeve is people using words or phrases without really appreciating their meaning, I hate it much more (not more than the ‘kill yourself thing,’ naturally; just the other things) when people describe themselves as having OCD (also when they use OCD as an adjective but that’s sort of minor).
OCD, as a disorder, is when you repeat actions or make them hella meticulous as a way to distract yourself and block out thoughts you don’t want to be having. It’s definitely not ”I like to have my pencils straight on my desk because it looks nice.”
It’s really disrespectful to people who do have the disorder; it’s equivocating:
- the often abhorred daily routine under which they unwillingly suffer
- a trifling matter that you don’t even really give a shit about in any significant capacity.
Yeah, I don’t really know what’s up with people throwing around “OCD” like it’s going out of style. (and also “awkward”. Holy shit I must hear that word about 30 times a day.) I just feel kind of bad vocalizing it because most of the time I think the reaction will just be “wow maddie you’re too sensitive calm down” and I know that you can’t avoid offending people but you can avoid saying things that could obviously easily offend people very seriously? I just feel like a dick when I want to walk away from my lunch table because a girl says that she could tell a guy was gay “because of his voice”. I know there are stereotypes but I just. I don’t know. I get really defensive about people using “gay” as a negative thing or assuming every queer person fits their stereotype to the letter and damn.
Like “wow Jordan is dating a girl I never thought she was like that”
Oh I’m sorry is she too pretty/wears girl clothes/doesn’t wear enough plaid?
Awkward is at least used properly, but it does get grating when it’s the preface or punchline to every fifth statement. Ironic, too, gets thrown around in situations where it isn’t really apt at all; the worst part is that, technically, you can’t correct them because the uses are correct (see how I busted out that word with the right meaning; it really is one of my favorite words). “Oh man you were born in April oh man that’s so ironic, so was I!”
I want to tear my hair out, because while there’s nothing pronouncedly ironic about the coincidence, it’s still contrary to expectations. Statistically, I project the odds of being born in April as about one-twelfth (this can be different for some months! 9 months after February, for example… I don’t think I’ll go into this.) so yeah, one wouldn’t really expect to share a birth month with any given person.
But goddamn it, can’t people just use ‘coincidental’ like a proper English speaker augh stop bastardizing all my favorite words.
It’s like the SONG. Unless the irony of the song is that everything she says in the song isn’t ironic whatsoever, but just an unfortunate happenstance. But I’m not sure if the purpose was that cerebral.
((Preface: Sweet jesus other followers I am so sorry for breaking your dashboards))
I can’t really say I know which song you mean
- fleursdejehan likes this
- aineailis89 reblogged this from flutterflyinvasion and added:
- thedoodypoo reblogged this from scheisse-katze
- sissyprince likes this
- scheisse-katze reblogged this from flutterflyinvasion and added:
- cordelia-flyte likes this
- iloveawesomeshtuff reblogged this from flutterflyinvasion
- iloveawesomeshtuff likes this
- sjprivilege reblogged this from specialsjsnowflakes and added:
- choking-on-sunshine reblogged this from flutterflyinvasion and added:
- vyvyan25 reblogged this from theleakypen
- one-other likes this
- aslongasyoure-mine likes this
- timeforsomethrillingheroics reblogged this from abhortion and added:
- ampthetv likes this
- desolateroxy reblogged this from thefaultinourstaryus
- stonedsnufkin reblogged this from brutal-pokemon and added:
- bookofeibon reblogged this from specialsjsnowflakes and added:
- jawhaw reblogged this from specialsjsnowflakes
- jawhaw likes this
- alexthesimplehuman reblogged this from theotheropinion
- anabundanceofcolor reblogged this from specialsjsnowflakes
- anabundanceofcolor likes this
- godlesssondheimite likes this
- slasherrinny reblogged this from gogoatz
- brutal-pokemon reblogged this from specialsjsnowflakes and added:
- pinabrolada likes this
- dizzyconlang likes this
- thesleep-deprivedwriter likes this
- coalfueledelephant likes this
- lazy-tiger reblogged this from roguesareth and added:
- specialsjsnowflakes reblogged this from thefaultinourstaryus
- sasha-the-genderqueer reblogged this from thefaultinourstaryus and added:
- thefaultinourstaryus reblogged this from gogoatz and added:
- gayasaclockworkorange reblogged this from babyshibe and added:
- cool-ghoul reblogged this from gogoatz and added:
- chicagocuppycake reblogged this from malchay and added:
- foggypebble reblogged this from gogoatz and added:
- gogoatz reblogged this from invictusbro
- invictusbro reblogged this from theotheropinion and added:
- siriusbonerr reblogged this from theotheropinion
- babyshibe reblogged this from theotheropinion and added:
- roguesareth reblogged this from theotheropinion and added:
- theotheropinion reblogged this from applespirate and added:
- applespirate reblogged this from abhortion and added:
- creepingpercentages likes this
- ithinkthereforeimeow reblogged this from letssaynotonormal and added:
- rockmynaughtysocks likes this
- jumpinmy5point0 reblogged this from letssaynotonormal and added: